Thursday, April 12, 2012

Why now? 4/10/2012

Last August I was diagnosed with stage IV throat cancer.  Today I am Cancer free.  But the journey to get here was bleak and seriously nasty.

All the previous posts were comments I made during treatment.  None of them pretty but as much as I was willing or able to write down at the time.  Editing them now has changed the dates on which they were written which is sad.  I would have liked to have kept that record so I have gone back and dated them as best I could.  Some are easy others not.  But I have a good idea of when I write them by the comments I made..

Not sure what I will do with this blog now.

I have a daily journal for the last year that I will eventually incorporate into the blog and a hit list of topics I want to address now that I am getting stronger and able to face the memories and just how really scary all this has been for me.

Cancer has become a huge part of my life.  Which i find surprising and annoying all at the same time.   Literally not a moment goes by that I don't know it visited me.  And hey the dude was uninvited.  How rude is that?

Today was my first run..in.well over a year.  Totally numb hands and feet of course but it was an incredibly fun 25 minute run  :)

It felt Zen like.  Adroitly up hill and down dell.  My God, it was good!  Thank you!

Which is one reason I wanted to celebrate my own Cancer today by publishing my previous thoughts.
Doing so wasn't easy.  But given enough time most of our human suffering fades from memory.  This journey is much the same.  I don't want to forget what I have gone through so I written it down.   I'll write more.  As the chemo fades from my system I'll purge some of the memories as well. .

There were some dark and terribly bleak times in the past 9 months and a few good times as well.  I will explore some of that here in the near future.

But today I celebrate LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment