Thursday, April 19, 2012

A warm blanket..... Nov 25

It is Friday and I am puking every day now.  Several times a day.  The 3rd round of chemo is Monday.  And things are going to get a lot worse.

There were many days that the best thing that happened was being able to take 3 (not one or two but 3) of the pre-warmed cozy little cotton blankets and wrap up in the "easy chairs" and fall asleep while I was getting my daily IV of saline and what ever else they were dripping into me.  Generally it was some sort med to keep me from puking.  Which also didn't actually work.   I am puking enough now I can feel the stomach acid eating at my back teeth.  Nothing in my gut for weeks so nothing to throw up but stomach acid.  All rather unpleasant actually.   But I have a waste basket at my bed side I full half way with shredded news paper.  When I am not spitting into it I am puking in it.  Or throwing a dirty tissue in it from my running nose.  Never thought I could go through a box of tissues!  I am beginning to love that waste basket.

Those were the good days.  And I had it easy by comparison to the others I would see at the hospital every day.  You start thinking everyone has cancer if you hang out there very long.   Shit is getting really surreal and I'm not even on any good drugs!  Life can get really simple in a big hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment