Friday, April 20, 2012

I wish it were pretty.

But it aint.  Nothing about Cancer that is pretty, nice or socially acceptable.  Nothing.  I wish there was.  This is a nasty, ugly and terrifying read for me.    Just as likely to scare me remembering this stuff or looking it up in my journal as it is to simply make me cry and stop me writing for a few days.

It isn't pleasant to write about.  Hard for even me to believe it really was as bad as I am telling you it was.  Trust me on this, it was worse.

I am just like everyone else I have intentionally avoided and ignored cancer.  Even now I wonder if I am a "bad person" for having had cancer.  How stupid is that?  But it is something that goes through my head on occasion.

If you can struggle through this you might be a little more sympathic to the next person you bump into with cancer.  There are a lot of "US" out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment